Do you know if your network like you on Linkedin? One way you would get to know that is when any of your contacts endorse you for the skill you have mentioned on your page. What’s next? Its good to have endorsement lying on your page to show the recruiters or your business prospects that people acknowledge you for your capabilities in a certain area and you are perfect for the job.
There is more to endorsement. It’s a key to create an opportunity. Consider this – When an important contact endorses you, what do you do? Most of you would be happy for a moment that influencer/ thought leader has acknowledged your skills. However, its an opportunity to build a conversation over a Thank You message which can help crack ice with him and further share a proposal for prospective engagement.
If you foresee an opportunity with the endorser, you would definitely want to use this hack. Here is the hack…
> An important person endorses you
> You send him a ‘Thank you’ message with a light win-win proposal
> The contact sends you a reply
> Don’t lose hope if you don’t get a reply. Repeat the hack for another endorser
Other obvious things you would want to know about endorsements are listed here.
- Product Management Dynamics in a Start-up (Part 2) - November 10, 2018
- Product Management Dynamics in a Start-up (Part 1) - October 10, 2018
- Top 5 things for High Impact Product Management - October 10, 2018
- Practical Tips for Aspiring Product Entrepreneurs - October 10, 2018
- Becoming a More Strategic Product Manager - October 10, 2018
- Recipe of Software Product Marketing - October 10, 2018
- Big Fish, Small Fish. What they can learn from each other - October 10, 2018
- AI Based Marketing Trends in 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Uncover Myths of Product Management & Marketing in 2018 - April 1, 2018
- [Infographic] Product Management & Marketing Salaries in India - March 3, 2018