Product management, by design, is hands-on. Product Managers dive into the details, get their hands dirty, be part of the daily push and pull. PM jobs are by nature very tactical. However, tactical work smothers the more strategic parts, limiting the impact. Customers never see our breakthrough products. Competitors never quite feel our punch. Our managers see lackluster revenue and profit growth.
Todd Birzer, a Product Management Coach & Trainer, discusses with me how the tactical overwhelm the strategic and how to tap product growth by following a strategic approach while not loosing sight of your core tactical work areas in this episode “Becoming a more strategic product manager”.
- Product Management Dynamics in a Start-up (Part 2) - November 10, 2018
- Product Management Dynamics in a Start-up (Part 1) - October 10, 2018
- Top 5 things for High Impact Product Management - October 10, 2018
- Practical Tips for Aspiring Product Entrepreneurs - October 10, 2018
- Becoming a More Strategic Product Manager - October 10, 2018
- Recipe of Software Product Marketing - October 10, 2018
- Big Fish, Small Fish. What they can learn from each other - October 10, 2018
- AI Based Marketing Trends in 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Uncover Myths of Product Management & Marketing in 2018 - April 1, 2018
- [Infographic] Product Management & Marketing Salaries in India - March 3, 2018