An organisation defines the ultimate goal called Vision it wants to achieve and hence everyone in the organisation at personal and team level work towards that vision. The mission comes from vision as what would an organisation do to achieve the vision.
Similarly, an individual should also define a vision and mission statement for self as a professional or an entrepreneur.
“You are the product of your own. You need to create a vision, mission, goals and roadmap of the product with your brand name.”
It’s very important to freeze upon the destination where you want to go and then choose your path to reach your destination. Let me state a hypothetical vision of a mid-career digital marketing professional in the US – “To achieve CMO position in a company and be recognised in the industry for my contribution to marketing profession”. I would like to derive a hypothetical mission from the vision – “To consistently deliver in an organisation as a marketing professional, share best marketing practices with the marketing community and grow by tapping opportunities over my career path”.
Once you have defined your Vision and Mission, it’s the time to break down your mission into short-term goals. The short-term goals added to your timeline gives you yearly/ year wise roadmap. As a physical product is built step by step by accomplishing the features as given over a Roadmap, the similar way you as a Product would develop by achieving the goals defined over your Roadmap.
- Product Management Dynamics in a Start-up (Part 2) - November 10, 2018
- Product Management Dynamics in a Start-up (Part 1) - October 10, 2018
- Top 5 things for High Impact Product Management - October 10, 2018
- Practical Tips for Aspiring Product Entrepreneurs - October 10, 2018
- Becoming a More Strategic Product Manager - October 10, 2018
- Recipe of Software Product Marketing - October 10, 2018
- Big Fish, Small Fish. What they can learn from each other - October 10, 2018
- AI Based Marketing Trends in 2018 - September 18, 2018
- Uncover Myths of Product Management & Marketing in 2018 - April 1, 2018
- [Infographic] Product Management & Marketing Salaries in India - March 3, 2018